Sunday, February 9, 2020

Umrah Pt. 2 2020

We took a few day trips to visit different sites in Medina. I love visiting historic landmarks and masjids. We were able to pray inside a few of them, Ammie made sure to get an Urdu speaking tour guide so my Aunt's could understand what was being shown as well. He was very informative and we learned so much!

This is a masjid at the foot of Mt. Uhud. Hazrat Ameer E Hamza R.A. Ghazwa E Ohad

 Outside of the Masjid there were women and children selling birdseed. We bought a few bags and fed the pigeons. They were so pretty in so many different colors. 

This is Masjid Qiblatain, it was so beautiful, it's nice to see that they make the women side big enough to house all the women during prayer. I feel like in the United States, specially on Jummah (Friday's) it gets so packed that there isn't any room for women and they spill out into the shoe area, walkway, bathroom hall. I enjoy going to the masjid to pray, see the different architecture, say hello to the locals. 

There was a woman who was handing out little clippings of a flower or herb she grew in her garden. It smelled absolutely amazing. Even though I don't speak Arabic (apart from a few phrases) she recognized I wanted a little clipping too and gave me one. I was able to keep it alive for two days in my hotel room. :)

Jannat al-Baqi is the oldest and the first Islamic cemetery of Medina in the Hejazi region. It is located southeast of the Prophets Mosque, which contains the graves of some of Prophet Muhammad's family and friends. 

After a few wonderous days in Medina we headed on a 5 hour car journey to Makkah. We stopped by a rest stop for gas and came across a Tim Hortons! Hands down the best donuts ever. They had such delicious flavors such as Pistachio, Rose, Maple, Strawberry. Their coffee is also so good and Ammie got a bag for my younger sis.

The mountains were absolutely stunning, our driver said there's baboons you can sometimes see on the road but unfortunately I did not see any. I also fell asleep during the car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment